Thursday, June 7, 2012

Light Lunch @ Restoran Puchong Yong Tau Fu, Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia [Dish: Fish Balls, Tofu, Lady's Finger, Fried Fu Chuk, Spring Roll, Dumpling, Chee Cheong Fun]

Date: 2 June 2012
Place: Restoran Puchong Yong Tau Fu, Taman Bukit Serdang, Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia
Dish: Fish Balls, "Tofu", Fried "Fu Chuk", Fried Spring Roll, Fried Dumpling, "Chee Cheong Fun"
Price: RM11.80

When lunch came, I was not very hungry as breakfast was late (which is always the case for me on a weekend!). Nevertheless, I was craving for Fish Balls- really nice and big fish balls, and that was how we ended up at this “Yong Tau Foo” place at Seri Kembangan, a place which I frequently go to whenever I am in Seri Kembangan and wanting to eat “Yong Tau Foo”.

The fish balls were very fresh and tasty and I had quite a big share of it :-) Very happy that I got my cravings satisfied :-) My other favourite is the “Tofu” stuffed with fish paste - just love it! Other offerings that we ordered were the fried “Fu Chuk” (fried bean curd), fried Spring Roll, and fried Dumpling, all of which was delicious too, though I personally prefer the non-fried varieties.

“Yong Tau Foo” is a dish that originated from the Hakkas. It consists of a wide variety of food stuffed with fish or pork paste. Apparently, the original “Yong Tau Foo” is the “Tofu” that is stuffed with fish or pork paste (which happens to be my all-time favourite), and since then it was improvised to include the lady's finger, brinjal, chili, bitter gourd, and lots more! You can savour it as it is, or have it dipped in sweet bean sauce and/or chilli sauce. You can have your “Yong Tau Foo” with rice, or any noodle of your choice. As I was not very hungry, I had my “Yong Tau Foo” with “Chee Cheong Fun” (rice noodle). Yum Yum! :-)


Note: This post has been submitted for a contest organised by Tourism Selangor. If you like this post, and would like to support, pls go here to vote and write your comments-->
http://selangorlicious.my/light-lunch-restoran-puchong-yong-tau-fu-taman-bukit-serdang-seri-kembangan-selangor-malaysia
-To vote, you will see 5 stars on the bottom right of the post. Say you want to give a 5 star for the entry, just click on the 5th Star. A message "Thanks!" will pop up and you are done!
-To comment, just leave your comment in the comment box below the post :-)

Thanks and Happy Reading :-)







Address:
No 21-23,Jalan PSK 2,
Taman Bukit Serdang,
43300, Seri Kembangan,
Selangor, Malaysia


No comments:

Post a Comment