Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dinner @ Fung Seng Lao, Kuala Lipis, Pahang, Malaysia

Date:  31 August 2012
Place: Restoran Fung Seng Lao, Kuala Lipis, Pahang, Malaysia
Dish: Bean Curd, "Yew Mak" (Chinese Lettuce), Stir-Fried Sweet Potato Leaves, Steamed River Fish, Claypot Kampung Chicken in Ginger Style, Fish Paste in Spring Onion and Ginger
Price About RM140 (for 9 persons, including rice and Chinese Tea)

Continuing from my previous post on our trip to Kuala Lipis...

Kuala Lipis is a small town in Pahang, and is the birth place of my dad and is where my grandma and uncle still lives. For dinner, we ate at Fung Seng Lo, which according to my uncle is the only Chinese restaurant in Kuala Lipis which serves nice food (well, not that there are that many restaurants in Kuala Lipis). We have been eating here almost every Chinese New Year for the past several years, and so far so good!

My favourite here is the fish paste! It is up to the individual to judge of course, but for me it is absolutely one of the best fish paste I ever tasted. It was the fist time I tasted the fish paste at the restaurant, and I hope they can maintain the standard each time!  Overall the food taste home-cooked, and I just love it. Strange, but  I seem to like everything that I eat here in Kuala Lipis...

 

Bean Curd Galore!

I love bean curd, and this dish is tasty!

The faithful "Yew Mak" (Chinese Lettuce)


One of my grandma's favourite dish is the Chinese Lettuce ("Yew Mak"). It was not overcooked, just right and very crunchy.

Stir-Fried Sweet Potato Leaves
This is another of my favourite vegetable i.e Stir-Fried Sweet Potato Leaves. Yummy..

Steamed River Fish
A favourite among patrons of this restaurant is the steamed river fish. The meat is so fresh and juicy, and coupled with the gravy, it is really yummy.

Claypot Kampung Chicken in Ginger Style
You can taste the sweetness of the "kampung" chicken in this dish.

Fish Paste in Spring Onion and Ginger

And last but not the least, my favourite dish of all- The Fish Paste!

If you are wondering where this place is located, it is next to Public Bank (there is only one Public Bank in Kuala Lipis), near the roundabout.


Address:
Restoran Fung Seng Lao
5K, Bangunan Paradise, Jalan Pekeliling
27200 Kuala Lipis, Pahang Darul Makmur.
Tel: +609 312 5072

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete